The most common landing places for getting ashore by RIB, tender, or water taxi are Town Quay in West Cowes and Gridiron in East Cowes, however other locations can be used.CHANGES TO SERVICES AND HOURS MAY OCCUR DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS AND/OR FOR OPERATIONAL REASONS. CHECK HERE FOR LATEST INFORMATION.
Please note:• Additional safety measures are in place to protect water taxi operators and passengers.
• The wearing of face masks for water taxi operators and passengers is required.
• A limited supply of face masks will be carried onboard and sold to passengers @ £1.00 if required.
• Water taxi operators will disinfect guard rails after each fare.
• The water taxi is not servicing moorings north of Watch House Slip at this present time.
We are currently inviting any interested parties to review and submit their responses to the tender document below for the 2022 Water Taxi Service within the Cowes Harbour Commission jurisdiction. To access the tender document, please click here
.The Folly Reach area only
• Cowes Water Taxis Ltd - hours of operation from 1 October*:No Weekday Operation. Sat and Sun: 1100 to 1500*Outside of these published hours passengers should pre-book by giving 24 hours notice at a negotiated fare.
Folly Waterbus - Folly Inn to Newport
Bookings only. Daily throughout the year: 1000 to 2300
VHF: Channel 72
Tel: 07974 864627
All other areas within CHC jurisdiction
• Cowes Harbour Commission - hours of operation from 1 October:
Everyday: 0900 to 1700
Please book 24 hours ahead to ensure a Patrol Officer is available when you need your ride.
Tel: 07855 767918
To contact the Patrol Officer on the day please use:
VHF: Channel 69 - Call Sign: HM1
Charges (per person and card payments only):
|Within main harbour||£2||£3|
|Town Quay to Whitegates/East Cowes Marina||£4||£5|
|East Cowes Marina to Whitegates||£2||£3|
|Destination is South of Kingston Boatyard||£4||£6|
|Destination is South of Medham||£6||£8|
|Destination is within Folly Reach area||£8||£10|