The most common landing places for getting ashore by RIB, tender, or water taxi are Town Quay in West Cowes and Gridiron in East Cowes, however other locations can be used.
WATER TAXIS IN COWES HARBOUR - UK LOCKDOWN
The harbour water taxi service has been suspended until further notice.
• Additional safety measures are in place to protect the taxi operators and passengers.
• The wearing of face masks for both coxswains and passengers is mandatory.
• Coxswains will, before embarking and after disembarking passengers, wipe down the hand rails with antiseptic and anti-viral gel.
• A limited supply of face masks will be carried onboard and sold to passengers @ £1.00 if required.
• The taxi service is booking via phone: 07855 767918 or Shepards Marina on 01983 297821.To minimise the taxi operator's potential exposure to COVID-19, boats are requested to pick-up or drop off any additional crew at either Town Quay in West Cowes, or Gridiron in East Cowes.
Larger boats only are permitted to pick-up and drop off crew at the outer pontoons at Shepards Marina. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank you.
• Monday to Sunday: rates are as shown in table below.
Children under 16 half fare.
Please book 24hrs in advance to avoid disappointment.
Face masks must be worn at all times.
Maximum 4 passengers from the same household/social bubble.
||Return Price |
|Within Main Harbour||£ 2.00||£ 3.00 |
|Town Quay to Day Class Moorings
||£ 3.00||£ 4.00 |
|Town Quay/Trinity Landing to Whitegates/ECM||£ 4.00||£ 5.00 |
|East Cowes Marina to Whitegates Pontoons||£ 2.00||£ 3.00 |
|South of Kingston||£4.00||£ 6.00 |
|South of Medham||£6.00||£ 8.00 |
|Folly Visitors Pontoon||£ 8.00||£ 10.00|
|Out-of-hours service by negotiation and pre-booking|| || |
Folly Taxis – LOCKDOWN:No regular on the water service until March 2021. Emergency service only via Folly Waterbus:
• Folly Waterbus
Folly Inn to Cowes or Newport.Tel: 07974 864627