The most common landing places for getting ashore by RIB, tender, or water taxi are Town Quay in West Cowes and Gridiron in East Cowes, however other locations can be used. CHANGES TO SERVICES AND HOURS MAY OCCUR DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS AND/OR FOR OPERATIONAL REASONS. CHECK HERE FOR LATEST INFORMATION.
Water taxis from 1st April 2021 until further notice:Note:
• Additional safety measures are in place to protect the water taxi operators and passengers.
• Social distancing applies as per UK Government Covid-19 guidelines.
• The wearing of face masks for both water taxi operators and passengers is mandatory.
• Water taxi operators will disinfect the guard rails after each fare.
• The water taxi will have demarcation lines to maintain social distancing between passengers and the taxi operator.
• A limited supply of face masks will be carried onboard and sold to passengers @ £1.00 if required.
• The water taxi fares will be collected in cash and deposited by customers into individual plastic wallets.
• Note, the water taxi is not servicing moorings north of Watch House Slip at this present time.• Cowes Water Taxis Ltd
Serves Outer Harbour swinging moorings and seasonal small craft moorings north of Cowes Breakwater to Folly G pontoon.
Hours of operation:
April & May & September: Mon-Fri: 0900 to 2100, Sat: 0900 to 2300, Sun: 0900 to 1800
June, July & August Mon-Fri: 0900 to 2300, Sat: 0900 to 2330, Sun: 0900 to 1800
October to December: Weekends only: 1100 to 1500
Note: The service operates later at high season weekends, Bank Holidays, and large events including the IOW Festival, Cowes Week and Round the Island Race weekend.
*Outside of these published hours passengers should pre-book by giving 24 hours notice at a negotiated fare.VHF Channel 06Tel: 07551 431993
Email: email@example.comTemporary water taxi tariffs:
Monday to Sunday - a standard charge of £10* return. *Fares are currently affected by Covid restrictions and reduced passenger numbers.
• Folly Launch
Folly Reach Moorings to Folly Inn.
January to March & October to December (Weekends only) Sat-Sun: 1100 to 1500 Bookings Only.
April and May: Mon-Fri: 0900 to 2100, Sat: 0900 to 2300, Sun: 0900 to 1800
June to September: Mon-Fri: 0900 to 2300, Sat: 0900 to 2330, Sun: 0900 to 2100VHF Channel 72
Tel: 07884 400046
• Folly Waterbus
Folly Inn to Cowes or Newport.
Bookings only. Daily throughout the year: 1000 to 2300
VHF Channel 77
Tel: 07974 864627