Notice is hereby given
that licences have been issued for dredging works
to commence at several sites
within Cowes Harbour.
Dredging operations are planned to commence on Friday 19th February 2021
. The operations which cover several sites are expected to continue until Wednesday 31st March 2021
depending upon weather conditions. The sites affected by the works are as follows:
• UKSA River Medina site (maintenance dredging)
• Cowes Harbour Shepards Marina site (maintenance dredging)
• Area immediately around Number 1 Fairway Buoy (maintenance dredging)
• Wight Shipyards Hoist Basin (construction of a larger capacity hoist dock).
The works will be carried out by the dredge barge Doreen Dorward
, with the spoil being deposited into the split hopper barges; Nab
. The Nab
will regularly transit the fairway (inbound and outbound). The dredger and barges will be working 24hrs
per day on a tidal basis. Noise and light disturbance will be minimised during night hours.All mariners
• Keep well clear
of the dredging operations, where practicable, and in all cases navigate with caution when passing an area where dredging operations are in progress
• Comply with the Cowes Harbour General Direction 3.2 – Speed Limit 6 knots and No Wash
• Maintain a listening watch on VHF Ch. 69
when underway within Cowes area of Jurisdiction.This Local Notice to Mariners shall remain in force until further notice.
• LNTM 12(T) of 2021 - Cowes Harbour Dredging Works